PDA

View Full Version : The grenade problem on surf_utopia_v3 needs to be fixed

PepAyy
24-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Ive mentioned before to admins online that it is a problem, yet nothing ever comes of it. Lots of the time there is no admin or moderator on to prevent it. Since grenades are not required on any of the maps to actually complete them, can't the cvar ammo_grenade_limit_total be set to 0? That wouldn't allow people to pick up grenades in the first place, and will surely stop people being able to spam them

Shortay
24-07-2016, 12:10 PM
That is not possible cus that would remove the golden knife im pretty sure.

Lee
24-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Hiya VAC,
I'm just taking over a development/VIP server to confirm this CVAR works as intended.

PepAyy
24-07-2016, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't have thought so, the golden knife is a weapon in the game, like how with plugins you can give yourself a karambit etc, so I wouldn't have thought that setting a grenade cvar would affect the golden knife.

Lee
24-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Aye it does work.
I believe Shortay was referring to when I tried detecting fire grenades using Stripper it removed the entire weapons pickup and not just fire grenades.

Confirmed fix applied to MG1-5.

Yours,

PepAyy
24-07-2016, 12:55 PM
I tested it on my own server and it appears to let me still acquire the golden knife etc but not a Molotov, it could be different however on the mestro servers

PepAyy
24-07-2016, 01:00 PM
thanks. hopefully people cant spam now