Thread: Rank loss/demotion for no apparent reason, any help would be great :)

Rank loss/demotion for no apparent reason, any help would be great :)

Name: AWEIRDOGRUNT
    SteamID: 76561198153664148
    Type: Rank loss/demotion
    Reason for Loss: Unknown?
    Statement: Hi, for the past few weeks I have been grinding tier 2/3 maps to gain the ~3000 points I needed to get from Advanced+ to Expert rank, and on Tuesday 15th I achieved this and gained the Expert rank. Everything had been fine from then, until I logged in earlier today to discover that I was suddenly back to the Advanced+ rank, with ~1700 points still to go until Expert that I had worked so hard to gain previously. It does not seem that my account has been rolled back to an earlier version, as the number of completed maps (~80-90) has not changed since I lost Expert rank. I have had no messages or notifications about why this may have happened. If it would be possible to shed some light on the situation and/or restore my Expert rank, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Opti
    You haven't been demoted for no reason, We just added new surf maps a day or two ago so what happens is your points are diluted because the map pool is now bigger and you need more points to achieve certain ranks. So in your case you need to achieve an extra few thousand to get expert back.

Also, This is the section for appeals when you have been banned / muted in game, Use this link for any general surf queries: https://www.mestrogaming.net/forum/f...p?8-CS-GO-Surf
    Lee
    Mestro Gaming Staff Team