Thread: June 2018 - mgTimer 1.6, Low Gravity Mode, Bug Reporting

June 2018 - mgTimer 1.6, Low Gravity Mode, Bug Reporting

Summer 2018 Update
    We have been working hard polishing the latest version of mgTimer and have released version 1.6 across all timer servers, read below for a full list of patch notes

mgTimer 1.6 - Low Gravity Mode, Bug Reporting

mgTimer 1.6 has been in development throughout June and has finally reached production! We are happy to announce the release of the highly anticipated Low Gravity mode. For the first few months of release Low Gravity mode will be available to our VIP members only, the mode can be used on VIP and NON-VIP servers to achieve records on both Surf and Bunny Hop maps.

Points - At the time of writing, the points system is undergoing an overhaul and points for styles will be taken into consideration when calculating your overall points earned. At the moment in time points earned whilst playing in Low Gravity mode won't be applied to your overall score, however when the final points update is released your points will be automatically applied. You will want to achieve as many records as possible in preparation for this!

Bug Reporting
    All players now have access to report problems in-game using the /bug command - This command links directly to the developer interface. You can view all player reported bugs on our website - Click here.

Summer Sale - June 2018

The Summer Sale is now here - We are offering free Auras, bonus points and VIP time for donations of £20 and above until the end of June. Click here for details of this exclusive offer.

Patch Notes - 23/06/2018
    - Low Gravity has been tweaked slightly to correct downgraded server performance.
    - Maps with boosts and gravity adjustments now work correctly when playing in Low Gravity mode
    - Bug Reporting has been added to all timer servers, players can make bug reports using /bug
    Lee
    Mestro Gaming Administration
    sales@mestro.co.uk
    +44-1733-514-611

First of all, my English is not flawless so pardon my mistakes.

Problems with the new ranking system aside, I think there is a general Problem with the "highly anticipated" Low Gravity mode.
    I was fine with points earned in modes like sideways or half-sideways being applied to your overall score, but low gravity is a whole different story in my opinion.

Half-sideways and sideways require alot of skill and -as far as I know- use the same server settings as regular mode and are therefore rightfully counting towards the overall score, low gravity on the other hand uses different settings and is by no means a competitive mode.
    The idea of low gravity mode points being applied to overall score just does not make sense to me for the above stated reason. I think we can all agree that low gravity mode is even easier to surf than regular mode. Maps that can usually only be completed by more experienced surfers become doable for anyone who tries a few times.
    Furthermore the mode is pretty much unplayable (for me at least), due to the INSANE ammount of ramp bugs/glitches caused by the difference in settings (im assuming). Maps that are usually fairly well optimized and do not make any trouble regarding ramp bugs are very very annoying to complete in low gravity mode, simply because well over 50% of your runs are coming to an abrupt end.

But to be able to compete against other players on the server you are pretty much FORCED to play it nontheless.
    I know I am definitely not alone with my opinion as I've asked other more experienced surfers. Most of them agree with what I said above.

I do not want you to get rid of low gravity mode, but it definitely needs some rework in my opinion.
    The best solution I can think of is having a seperate point system for either any other mode but regular or have one solely for low gravity mode.

Best regards,
    Hairyy
    Last edited by HairyyPotter; 30-06-2018 at 06:02 PM.

I agree with Hairyy, the ranked system seems like it has completely been messed up with. People that were skilled+/advanced before are now veteren/semipro. I don't believe i deserve semipro as I am no where near as good to be semi-pro.
    The Low gravity system has many bugs with the ramps which is pretty annoying because most of the time you are not able to complete the run you are on because of a sudden stop of the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by HairyyPotter View Post

Problems with the new ranking system aside, I think there is a general Problem with the "highly anticipated" Low Gravity mode.
    I was fine with points earned in modes like sideways or half-sideways being applied to your overall score, but low gravity is a whole different story in my opinion.

Half-sideways and sideways require alot of skill and -as far as I know- use the same server settings as regular mode and are therefore rightfully counting towards the overall score, low gravity on the other hand uses different settings and is by no means a competitive mode.
    The idea of low gravity mode points being applied to overall score just does not make sense to me for the above staited reason. I think we can all agree that low gravity mode is even easier to surf than regular mode. Maps that can usually only be completed by more experienced surfers become doable for anyone who tries a few times.
    Furthermore the mode is pretty much unplayable (for me at least), due to the INSANE ammount of ramp bugs/glitches caused by the difference in settings (im assuming). Maps that are usually fairly well optimized and do not make any trouble regarding ramp bugs are very very annoying to complete in low gravity mode, simply because well over 50% of your runs are coming to an abrupt end.

But to be able to compete against other players on the server you are pretty much FORCED to play it nontheless.
    I know I am definitely not alone with my opinion as I've asked other more experienced surfers. Most of them agree with what I said above.

I do not want you to get rid of low gravity mode, but it definitely needs some rework in my opinion.
    The best solution I can think of is having a seperate point system for either any other mode but regular or have one solely for low gravity mode.

Best regards,
    Hairyy
    Hit the nail on the head with that. Lowgrav at the moment is completely broken, giving players 100 normal points for a map completion even though you can complete a map and get 60-70 points in normal mode. It makes no sense to me and honestly would be better if they have their own rank because lowgrav does not have any skill level at all compared to normal mode, hsw and sw. I know that it would take a long time to code in but I do not think lowgrav should be ranked.

Hopefully the new ranking system you are coding is much better and that lowgrav is not ranked and only gives lowgrav points other than normal map points.

+1 to hairyys comment.[

Quote Originally Posted by HairyyPotter View Post

The idea of low gravity mode points being applied to overall score just does not make sense to me for the above staited reason. I think we can all agree that low gravity mode is even easier to surf than regular mode. Maps that can usually only be completed by more experienced surfers become doable for anyone who tries a few times.

Best regards,
    Hairyy
    Thank you for your comments - I understand that this has become a frustrating issue for several of our renowned community members at this moment in time. The concept of Low-Gravity mode being ranked falls in line with the other modes as well at this stage.

Of course we are seeing players receive a large number of "Overall" points for Low-Gravity completions, however the style is very new and map records are still being obtained. We anticipate Low-Gravity to become extremely competitive over the coming months and believe that players will deserve the points they have achieved from completing maps in this mode.

If you feel as though the points awarded need to be reduced, I would be open to reviewing a poll in the forum. Should the results demonstrate that the points need to be removed/reduced I will gladly accommodate this change in the next revision of mgTimer.

Note that if you do open a poll, please include the options to either keep/reduce/remove the points contribution.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzy View Post
    I agree with Hairyy, the ranked system seems like it has completely been messed up with. People that were skilled+/advanced before are now veteren/semipro. I don't believe i deserve semipro as I am no where near as good to be semi-pro.
    The Low gravity system has many bugs with the ramps which is pretty annoying because most of the time you are not able to complete the run you are on because of a sudden stop of the ramp.
    The problem you're describing does not have anything to do with the Low-Gravity mode.
    Please review the other news post as we are addressing the issue you're describing.

Thanks.
    Lee
    Mestro Gaming Administration
    sales@mestro.co.uk
    +44-1733-514-611