Thread: mgTimer 1.7 - New Points System

mgTimer 1.7 - New Points System

mgTimer has always calculated the player rank based on the number of points, your rank is calculated as a percentage of the maximum points one could possibly obtain. For example - To become a CHAMPION you would require at least 50% of the maximum number of points possible for you to obtain on Mestro Gaming servers. That's a lot of hard work!

What's changed is how we deliver the points to our players, this has changed into a percentile system. I'll walk through how points calculation works.

Static Points - A number of points a player will receive for completing a map for the first time

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 Tier 5 Tier 6
    25 Points 50 Points 100 Points 200 Points 400 Points 600 Points

The purpose of static points is to allow new players to establish a points base before they enter into the groups (Scroll down).

World Record Points -
    These are bonus points should you hold the leader-board for one of the maps, the points will vary based on what tier you have mastered. I have summed this up using the table below.
    Key: * (Asterisk) represents the number of completions, x (Times) represents multiplication, / (Division)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 Tier 5 Tier 6
    1.75x*/6 2.8x*/5 3.5x*/4 5.74x*/4 7x*/4 14x*/4

For example, if I held a World Record on a tier 1 map with 7500 completions, I would times 7500 by 1.75 and divide it by 6 for the amount of points I would receive for that completion. (2188 points).

Ranks 2-10 (Points Bonus) - Ranks 2 through 10 are also considered highly competent players and as such will receive a bonus for their completions. The amount of points received is based on the WR total for the map multiplied by X (Below) depending on the rank earned.

Rank 2 Rank 3 Rank 4 Rank 5 Rank 6 Rank 7 Rank 8 Rank 9 Rank 10
    x0.8 x0.75 x0.7 x0.65 x0.6 x0.55 x0.50 x0.45 x0.4

Example If I achieved Rank 3 on the above mentioned map with 7500 completions, the WR total is 2188 points, so I would multiply this by x0.75, I would receive 1631 points.

Groups & Percentiles - Players who are not ranked between 1-10 but are ranked above the 50th percentile will be scored into one of five groups, depending on which group the player lands in will depend on how many points is received. If two players land in the same group, they receive the same amount of points.

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4 Group 5
    Top 3.125% Top 6.25% Top 12.5% Top 25% Top 50%

* Points for SW/HSW/LG completions are calculated the same as above, however only 25% of your earned points will contribute towards your overall ranking score.

* To see the exact amount of points you will be awarded for each group, type /points or /points <map> in any session.

Lee
    Mestro Gaming Administration
    sales@mestro.co.uk
    +44-1733-514-611

Hi Lee,
    I think I've stumbled upon a slight issue with regards to how points are calculated. Unfortunately this issue stems from the root of the calculation (The World Points). I agree that the difficulty of a map in conjunction with the number of completions on said map should have direct proportionality to the number of points awarded, and for this reason points awarded are highly dependable on the coefficients you chose to represent this difficulty for each tier. However, the coefficients you have selected appear to have a roughly exponential relationship which is not reflective how the difficulty of maps changes between tiers. I can comfortably assert that the the relationship between map difficulty and tier has a roughly linear relationship, which contradicts the relationship illustrated in the proposed system. I have attached a spinet from excel illustrating these issues.
    https://imgur.com/a/piOas55
    Mestro rank system.jpg
    Regards,
    Teh
    Last edited by Jabba Teh Hutt; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:12 PM.
    IGN: Teh