Thread: Surf Map issues

Lightbulb Surf Map issues

The Issue With both Surf and Bhop
    A lot of the surf community is complaining that there are no maps compared to the other servers. And i mean they are right, we have around 240 maps when most CSS and CSGO servers have around 600. To be honest i think this needs to change because the community will start to get bored of surfing the same maps, Especially MG1 i mean there is only around 60 maps on rotation when there could be nearly 200. I'm not sure if it is a server issue or if maps just aren't being zoned and uploaded. I've had people over the past few weeks spamming me with maps that should be added to the server and what should be fixed. And I've passed most of them onto Taiikii but i still think that between the two of you not enough maps are being added. I would easily say that if more maps got added to the server a lot more people would be attracted to the server and stay to complete all of the great maps that are on the other servers with lets face it a better community.

Edit
    Another point that people are bringing up is that MG2 is useless and that MG2 should be changed into a second VIP server so that more people could play new maps and that MG1 should be a T1-2 server. And i agree with them i mean there would be more people wanting to play on the main surf server and the community would grow more. If adding a different VIP server doesn't seem like a brilliant idea than it can always be changed so its an expansion server to MG1 so that if one gets filled up there is always a second server.

Razkoz
    Last edited by Razkoz; 15-07-2018 at 07:40 PM.

+1 This has been a problem ever since I first started surfing on mestro in january 2016. It's just another piece of the puzzle that really makes me doubt wanting to stay on mestro gaming. If there was a proper alternative...
    Please look into this!

Opti
    Please bare in mind that although there is 2 people zoning (Lee and Taikii) adding maps is not Lee's priority as he is adding new features / busy with work quite a lot of the time. When he is working on Mestro it's for 8-12 hours at a time even when he's at work IRL.

If you'd like to help I suggest you make a post with maps that you would like added (+ download links) as that would make it a lot easier for Lee. Also once maps are zoned they aren't instantly pushed out Lee has to do it.
    Lee
    Mestro Gaming Staff Team

Razkoz you know what the situation is anyway about the zoning issues and that Lee tells taiikii when to zone, he can't go around zoning maps left right and centre. As Fake Lee said real Lee is busy with timers etc. Also 60 maps in rotation? Not sure why you'd put that but for example mg8 it's not Lee's fault that people want to play those certain maps, that's the choice of players and not Lee. Also to be honest considering zoning isn't a priority there has been massive additions considering bhop only had 95 maps starting in Jan 2017 and now there's been nearly 200 added? So just be patient while Lee is busy a new zoner for bhop will most likely happen in the next month.
    hiyo

I dont think you get at what im saying, why does one person have to run nearly 15 servers. And if a lot of people are asking for new maps it should be high up on a priority list. Thats what keeps people on Mestro.

Um, notonly could you get more people to zone maps (Those the owner trusts etc) to speed up things, why have u chosen to bring out a ton of maps at one time, and not bring out a few every now and then. This can be better for many reasons - The few maps that are whipped out will be played a lot and have a lot better times as those few will be the central of attention of surfing on the mg2-5 servers. And the "hype" for them (if you could call it hype) will actually be there for a week or 2, and then add another what 2 or 3 maps. This is what most servers do. Infact, they would bring out 1 map every weekend or something. Bringing out a huge amount of maps at one time causes many problems, Many maps wont be played and most maps wont even get more than one rotation.

People that ACTUALLY surf a lot just arent even interested in mestro because the maps that they have always played are always on, the "newmaps" that come out are what people are hyped for, and by the time u have added them they aint even new anymore.

Opti
    Are you okay Buzuki? The new map list shows lots of maps yes, But they're not released all at once and you know this. Lee does a few at a time to get them played just like you've said above.
    Lee
    Mestro Gaming Staff Team

Quote Originally Posted by Leee View Post
    Are you okay Buzuki? The new map list shows lots of maps yes, But they're not released all at once and you know this. Lee does a few at a time to get them played just like you've said above.
    ok so its taking ages to release a few maps?

Think I've addressed all of these issues with the latest QOL update.
    Drop direct links to any maps you wish to be added.
    Lee
    Mestro Gaming Administration
    sales@mestro.co.uk
    +44-1733-514-611

Thanks Lee, Ill start Dropping Download links for maps.